[Debian/gta02v5] zhone suspend not working anymore

Thomas White taw27 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 29 17:38:39 CEST 2008

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:52:48 +0200
Fox Mulder <Quakeman1 at gmx.net> wrote:

> Since over a week suspend isn't working anymore for me.

Perhaps this could be related to the recent re-opening of ticket #80:
https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/80 - which reports problems with
the wakeup reason stuff?

I was previously using a (self-compiled) kernel built from the 'stable'
git.openmoko.org kernel branch, revision a1e97c611.  Last night I
updated to a kernel built from the latest revision (968c41d0c), and I
had similarly serious suspend problems (didn't seem to wake up at
all).  As far as I know, the latest OM kernel is still a1e97c611.

So, on the (tenuous) assumption that all the problems described here are
the same regression, I suspect either "fix-one-mmc-race.patch" or
"fix-glamo-idleclock-around-suspend.patch" of breaking things.  These
are the two commits between a1e97c611 and the revision described in
ticket #80 as causing trouble (ca19d1564).

In either case, when I get the chance, I intend to do a git bisect to
isolate my own problems between revision a1e97c611 and the current head.

Hoping that this is at least vaguely helpful,

Tom

--

Thomas White
Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy