WiMax support

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Tue Sep 30 20:31:39 CEST 2008

> (1) does it support wimax?

afaik no

> (2) i heard we can install a deb files is that true?

you can install debian/armel and thus the world of debian is open to you

> (3) can i try android in it and install openmoko back?

not atm and it's quite unclear if ever -- android is for now available for
a) armv5 only
b) must be adapted for the specific device (hardware)
afaik google is still wilful unclear about the level of source it is
willing to release and thus it's not possible to determine, if someone is
willing to take the plunge

> (4) are there any issues which are very predominant?

a lot. check the archives -- most of your questions are answered already
and frequently (in fact #3 is probably the number one of the imaginary faq)