how do i turn the phone off?

roguemoko at roguewrt.org roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Wed Apr 1 01:44:43 CEST 2009

clare johnstone wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 1:34 AM,  <roguemoko at roguewrt.org> wrote:
>> clare johnstone wrote:
>>> I do however, especially with the GTA01, always remove the battery at
>>> this stage,
>>> and only replace it when I want to restart.
>> Just hold in the aux button when you insert the battery.
>>
>> Sarton
>
> Oh! what makes you say that? and with such confidence too :)

The follow up issue appears to be that it restarts when the battery is
removed and replaced. Holding the aux button accesses the NOR u-boot
allowing you to shutdown or boot, whichever you prefer.

As for the gta01, this may not be the case ...

Confident? well I've done it more than 100 times ;) ... I'm just one of
the lucky ones that still has their case clips intact, otherwise 'remove
cover' may not necessarily be a prerequisite :)

Sarton