GSM buzz-fix party in Braunschweig, Germany

Daniel Willmann daniel at totalueberwachung.de
Wed Apr 1 15:01:40 CEST 2009

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:08:16 +0100
Joerg Lippmann <jl_lists at donalbain.de> wrote:

> Am Sonntag 15 März 2009 schrieb Daniel Willmann:
>
> > In order to gauge interest and plan ahead wrt ordering
> > Resistors/Capacitors I'd like to know how many phones would come.
> > The party will probably take place in mid April.
> > If you are interested and would show up please mail me privately and
> > also tell me how many phones you would bring.
> >
> > If all goes well I'll be doing this with support from Openmoko and
> > will be able to replace any Freerunners I break in the process.
>
> Hmmm, Braunschweig is about 300km from my home town. Is there a way
> to get my phone fixed as well without spending the whole day on the
> road (maybe send it to you?)

I'm considering mail delivery as an option. The only problem I have is
that I need to get the money for the return package. Don't know how we
could handle that best...

> I have terrible buzz *always* when I use my phone at home, no matter
> what distribution. So all the time when I happen to be at home and
> get a call I have to shout to the other party to call me on the land
> line. Really embarrassing to have to use an expensive phone thats
> broken by design and the manufacturer does not bother to fix it
> immediatly at no cost.

Well, the buzz issue was fixed on all of the phones I did the rework
on. And to be fair OM is supporting me (hopefully soon) with
replacement phones for the ones I break and components...

Regards,
Daniel Willmann