[QT Extended Improved] on debian rootfs with 2.6.28

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Wed Apr 1 20:53:06 CEST 2009

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 00:17:42 +0200
Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> Hi,
> i am now working on QTE running on debian rootfs with
> recent kernel (latest andy-tracking).
>
> Right now i think i have working all that i was using
> with QTE 4.4.3 from here [1]. This basically is:
>
> * working SMS/calls
> * GPRS
> * suspend/resume
>
> Attached are patches that i used and work-in progress
> howto. I will upload whole rootfs during this week.

Radek,

you first patch activates gstreamer. Is this on purpose or just because
it works on debian? Or does it work on fso based rootfs systems as well?
When I tried your patches, together with the one from Filip for the usb
cable, the system compiled just fine. But after that: I want a
uimage+jffs2 based system to work with, and debian only installs on SD.
So I tried different scenarios:

- the one recommended with QtEi (without the 2.6.28 patches), but then
  the system doesn't wake up for sms
- the old stable Om2008.12 uimage (without the 2.6.28 patches), but
  then I got the sms duplication issue (but it did wake up from suspend
  for sms's though)
- the fso-console image (with 2.6.28 patches, halting frameworkd and
  fso specific stuff): with the gstreamer patch, I didn't get any sound
  (even after installing everything possible for gstreamer). Without it
  (and using the libmad mp3 patch), it was ok. But voice note recording
  didn't work (and I doubt the bluetooth stuff as well, but didn't got
  around of testing that).
- the hackable:1 distro: never got further than second boot, ssh not
  possible. It seems it wants my SIM card to continue or so ...

I would put my money on working with the fso-console image, and going
from there to build a workable system (maybe even using a small script
that disables frameworkd, installs QtExtended and all that).

So: which uimage to choose? Maybe I messed up the
testing-om-gta02-20090120.uImage.bin tests, so if anyboy can confirm
that their system does wake up using this kernel ... ?

Franky