[QT Extended Improved] on debian rootfs with 2.6.28

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Wed Apr 1 22:57:03 CEST 2009

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 22:06:22 +0200
Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:
>
>   But after that: I want a
> > uimage+jffs2 based system to work with, and debian only installs on
> > SD.
>
> Hi Franky,
> i wanted to make jffs2 filesystem too. Just didnt get to it yet. It
> should be possible. The rootfs is not very big. I think that jffs2
> can be made just by untaring the and using mkfs.jffs2 as descibed
> here [1]. The kernel is in the tarbal so this should be ok. And last
> thing might be needed is changing /etc/fstab - you can use your
> current fstab for reference. Maybe this step is not needed and my
> fstab can handle jffs2 too.

hmmm ... I just tried creating the jffs2, it's 164 MB, about double the
size of any other rootfs (I already removed the kernel uimage then).
I'm trying it now, but it will take so much longer to transfer that
amount of data ...
Btw: does anybody have any idea how to get gstreamer to work with a
fso-based rootfs? That might reduce the size of the image *a lot* ...
and maybe solve the sound recording issue and such ...

Franky