[Qt Extended] debian image

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Thu Apr 2 09:19:59 CEST 2009

Hi,

yesterday evening I've tried the debian image (converted to uimage+jffs2),
but it seems very slow compared to a fso based image. Also the voicenotes
*seems* to be recording, but not playing :-)
So I've tried an fso-nox image+andy-tracking kernel, and that just worked
out of the box (but again not the voicenotes). Although there's an issue
with bluetoothd not finding HAL (any tips are appreciated), and probably
because of that, bluetooth doesn't work in QtExtended as well ... it needs
further investigation.
So this evening I'll play a bit with that image (I need to add atd from
angstrom to get the alarms to work probably) and see about the bluetooth
thingie.

Can anybody explain to me what the gstreamer engine does for qtextended? It
seems the compile is ok, I've got sound, but no mp3 support yet (so for
that: do I just need extra gstreamer plugins or the mp3 libmad patch?)

Franky