Solar panel on Freerunner back cover

Tobias Diedrich ranma+openmoko at tdiedrich.de
Thu Apr 2 11:18:37 CEST 2009

Radek Polak wrote:
> I'd like to have 7 pieces. Those could do 7*0.57=3.99V and
> 180uA current.
>
> Would it be possible to attach output from this solar panel
> straight to battery connector? Do you think that this can
> work?

You'd need at least an additional diode (preferably schottky for low
drop), to protect against discharging via the panels when the
voltage drops below battery voltage.  Other than that, it should be
fine, since the battery has a built-in overcharge protection (At
least the official Freerunner battery has one).

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.uguu.de