Solar panel on Freerunner back cover

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Thu Apr 2 14:51:32 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 10:17:23AM +0200, Radek Polak wrote:

> I'd like to have 7 pieces. Those could do 7*0.57=3.99V and
> 180uA current.

   Hopefully that's 180 mA.

> Would it be possible to attach output from this solar panel
> straight to battery connector? Do you think that this can
> work?

   You'd want a diode in there to prevent the charger from "charging" your
solar panels.

   Alternatively, if you're good with a soldering iron, you could try to use
the unused adapter input of the PCF50633. Please see figure 4 and/or figure
38 in the PCF50633 user manual. The adapter input is not used on the
Freerunner.

   You might want to ask questions like this on the hardware list.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen