Graphics Performance

Iain B. FIndleton ifindleton at videotron.ca
Thu Apr 2 17:17:42 CEST 2009

A significant issue for me is the performance of the graphics display on
the FR. I recall some discussions a while back about making use of the
XGlamo acceleration features. Has any progress been made here? It
appears to me that the graphics performance on the FR is poor compared
to, for instance, the iPhone or iTouch, both of which have slower CPUs.
When applications running on the FR have their X output routed to a
machine with accelerated graphics, it is apparent that the FR processor
can deliver the X events fast enough, but the FR graphics chip interface
can't keep up.