Sean's speech at ESC about making a 3G device

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Thu Apr 2 19:35:58 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 06:13:36PM +0100, Justyn Butler wrote:
> 2009/4/2 Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org>:
> > On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 05:38:42PM +0100, Justyn Butler wrote:
> >> He also explains what it would take to put 3G in the phones, saying
> >> that they'd do it (but the 3G part would be closed) if a customer put
> >> in a large enough order (ie 50,000 units).
> >
> > You've just convinced me that, unless this changes, no OpenMoko with 3G
> > will get my money as far as I'm concerned :)
>
> Why the outrage?

I bought the OpenMoko to get a more Free Software phone, not one that
gets less and less Free as new devices come up :)

I seriously hope GTA3 fixes some of the most serious problems GTA2 had
regarding that.

Rui

--
Wibble.
Today is Boomtime, the 19th day of Discord in the YOLD 3175
+ So let's do it...?