which way is the easier

roby hariseldon78 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 20:11:35 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Anas Alzouhbi <anas.lbn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
> I succeed to do the ssh with my openmoko,but
> the ways that I have found  to arrive to build the first program are:
my suggestion: use shr-testing openembedded tree.
I say this because the mokomakefile gave me so much frustration when i
tried to use it that i stopped to try for some months, waiting for a
better world :)
In my experience the mokomakefile continuously get incompatible
updates from upstream, and the probability of success of a complete
build is really low (in my case 0%). Anyway, i am talking of the
situation of september-october, so things may have changed.
But when i tried to download and build shr-testing i found the heaven!
Everything builds because the packet versions are fixed. In that
environment you can easily make a port or try to write some new code,
without falling in frustration.

my 2c
roby