Transparent keyboard in illume

Richard Kralovic riso at om.ksp.sk
Fri Apr 3 12:05:03 CEST 2009

> I would like to know if there were some progress on easily installing
> the transparent keyboard (qwo or anyone else) on SHR distribution.
> I think the SHR distro could really benefit on this !

Well, not much of progress. Some time ago, I set up an ipk feed for
shr-unstable that I compiled myself, with all the patched stuff:
http://meru.inf.ethz.ch/~rkralovi/shr-unstable

There are also feeds for shr testing
http://meru.inf.ethz.ch/~rkralovi/shr

and FSO milestone 5 (which is what I am currently using, so it's
probably in a best shape):
http://meru.inf.ethz.ch/~rkralovi/fso-ms5

So, basically it should just work if you add this to your opkg feeds:

src/gz meru-all http://meru.inf.ethz.ch/~rkralovi/shr-unstable/ipk/all
src/gz meru-armv4t http://meru.inf.ethz.ch/~rkralovi/shr-unstable/ipk/armv4t
src/gz meru-om-gta02
http://meru.inf.ethz.ch/~rkralovi/shr-unstable/ipk/om-gta02

Then you can just follow the instructions at
http://kedrigern.dcs.fmph.uniba.sk/~riso/Openmoko/qwo/index.html
and install all packages just by opkg install.

But beware, the patch for illume breaks the default keyboard (since it
does not set the width of it and does not resize the application area).
So be ready to install the old version of e-wm if you do not like
transparent qwo. I didn't find time to make a nicer patch on e-wm yet
(it is on my todolist, but quite deep, so patches are welcome)...

Greets
	Richard