Bying a Freerunner with the "buzz"-fix on it

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 19:00:01 CEST 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 02:09, Steve Mosher <steve at openmoko.com> wrote:
> so much for my schedules.
>
>  There were some issues with ALSA states. so manufacturing got put on
> hold. then Chinese new year. I'll have an update shortly on A7.

So as I understand these were issues not only relating to software ?
Because if it was just a matter of alsa states files not ready yet,
production would not have to be put on hold (hey if openmoko would
wait for software be ready to start production, no freerunner would be
existing yet ;-) )

And if it is the buzz fix (by adding the cap) that causes potential
problems... what about the SOP currently applied to freerunners ? They
may be impacted by incorrect ALSA states ?

oh... and still no update about A7 production ? Since I probably have
my phone to be replaced (broken button), I am waiting for Bearstech to
get new phones.... (they are out of stock, and anyway since I have to
send my phone I want either a A7 or at least the buzz fix applied...
not having to send it again later to get it fixed...)