ffalarms 0.2.1 and atd-over-fso (now works on SHR-testing)

Łukasz Pankowski lukpank at o2.pl
Fri Apr 3 21:37:53 CEST 2009

Yogiz <yogizz at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi and thanks for your app. A working alarm clock is a high priority on
> the Freerunner and yours might work fine.
>
> Firstly, the ipk on the project page installed the python module
> into /usr/lib/python2.5 instead of 2.6. For that reason it failed the
> first time I ran it but after copying the ffalarms folder to
> 2.6/site-packages/ it starts fine.

Hi

The package for SHR is named ffalarms_0.2.1-r0_all_py2.6.ipk
(http://projects.openmoko.org/frs/?group_id=260) and it properly
installes to Python 2.6 directory, ffalarms_0.2.1-r0_all.ipk is
intended for 2008.12, i.e. Python 2.5.

> Secondly, it doesn't wake up the phone out of suspend on my SHR. When
> returning from suspend manually afterwards it displays the turning off
> alarm page and plays the sound (although very quitely).

The sound starts quiet, but the volume is increasing each second up to
maximum.

If you have ffalarms < 0.2.1 it may be Daylight Saving Time problem,
if:

# grep RealTimeClock `opkg files frameworkd |grep alarm.py`

gives a line

    self.rtc = dbus.Interface( o, "org.freesmartphone.RealTimeClock" )

instead of

    self.rtc = dbus.Interface( o, "org.freesmartphone.Device.RealTimeClock" )

then you have old (> 4 weeks) frameworkd with a bug preventing from
using RTC.  Then upgrade, or add ".Device." to that file, or try plain
atd [1] (but this will fight with fso for RTC when you get fixed
frameworkd version, which is a bad thing).

If this does not help, tell me.

[1] http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/Om2008.8/armv4t/atd_0.70-r4_armv4t.opk