[QtExtended] latest and greatest, progress mail 3

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Sat Apr 4 12:08:15 CEST 2009

(install instructions: see below)

New progress/bugs:

All Ok:
- alarms (using atd from
  http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/unstable/armv4t/base/, since no
  newer package exists), normal + when suspended
- wake up when receiving sms
- call + echo check
- missed call bug
- duplicate sms thing: solved
- voice notes (see my mail/patch) ok
- mail ok
- wifi ok
- usb cable handling: ok (mailed a patch to Filip, I hope he integrates
  all the 2.6.28 patches and commits them)

Problems:
- bluetooth
  ==> "bluetooth not available" error
- sms stay on SIM as well as on phone
  ==> All sms's are stored on the phone *and* on the SIM. I don't think
that this is wanted behaviour (deleting an SMS only works on the SMS's
stored on the phone)
- alarm kept on vibrating this morning (I missed the first alarm, and
  probably after some time it suspended and restarted but the vibrating
  continued even after I pressed "dismiss").
- if you set the time back to something in the past, the clock service
  crashes and you need to restart qtextended if you want to use the
  clock again

Installing instructions:
download the script http://users.telenet.be/liedekef/openmoko_install.sh
read the comments at the top and then execute the script on your
openmoko (after having flashed the device and made sure internet works)

Franky