WPA2 Enterprice, Was: Sean's speech at ESC about making a 3G device

Atilla Filiz atilla.filiz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 11:24:58 CEST 2009

I'm in TU Eindhoven, we use wpa2 enterprise for wireless security. I used
wpa_supplicant.conf like this:
network={
  ssid="tue-wpa2"
  key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
  eap=PEAP
  identity="my-indentity"
  password="my-secret"
}

and run
wpa_supplicant -ieth0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

then
dhclient eth0
for getting network configuration

Probably all you need is correct parameters in the conf file.

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 10:42 PM, Jim Ancona <jim at anconafamily.com> wrote:

> >> You've just convinced me that, unless this changes, no OpenMoko with 3G
> >> will get my money as far as I'm concerned :)
> >
> > IIUC there's no hope on the horizon to get a non-closed phone device
> > (whether 2G as in the FR, or any other cell-phone technology), so that
> > the 3G part would be closed is not any different from the closedness of
> > the GSM/GPRS in the FR.
> > I.e. it would suck, but not more than what we already have.
>
> How about wifi? My impression is that the closed nature of the Atheros
> firmware has been a large part of the wifi issues with the GTA02,
> despite Werner's and others' hard work. I still can't connect to my
> work network (WPA2 Enterprise/hidden SSID). Has anyone has gotten WPA2
> Enterprise to work?
>
> Jim

Atilla Filiz
Eindhoven University of Technology