on recurring alarm and simulating a down

Łukasz Pankowski lukpank at o2.pl
Sun Apr 5 12:32:29 CEST 2009

kimaidou <kimaidou at gmail.com> writes:

> One question : is it possible to set a recurring alarm, eg each week
> day at 7:00 ? It would be a great feature

For now there is no way to set a recurring alarm.  To support this I
thought to make rescheduling on: every alarm, ffalarms start (+ changing
alarms), system start.  But will also consider using cron as suggested
by Joerg Reisenweber.  I was actually thinking on a cron-like flexibility
in setting alarms, up to for example "Second Monday each month".

My current plan is

1. Make Debian packages (I have mostly working atd-over-fso package,
needs a bit of polishing, than I will package ffalarms)

2. Next feature release: recurring alarms and attaching text notes to
alarms.

3. Consider rewriting in Vala, may be use some widgets from elementary
(but compatibility with 2008.12 is a must).

But I can not give any time schedule for that.

> 2 question : is it possible to increase the light as the sound to
> simulate a down ?

It would be quite simple to add.  I have never tried this in practice.
To suppose to be effective It will require to: (for example) first
change the background slowly to white and then the backlight to full
light, ie. green digits on a white background.  What do you think?