Buying a Freerunner

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Sun Apr 5 19:39:59 CEST 2009

On Sunday 05 April 2009 17:50:12 Young wrote:
> I have been following these lists for a while now. I've looked up on
> the wiki, but I still have a few questions.
>
> 1. The phone selling for 299 on the main site, do es it have the bug
> fix? or might I still have that problem?
>
> 2. with the recent announcements, I am unsure whether I want to
> purchase one. I have no problem with having bugs, heck, I always manage
> to screw up my computer by playing with things I probably shouldn't
> anyways. the question is, what is the community's suggestion? those who
> already have freerunners, would y'all suggest I get one, if only to
> play with it and not use it as a phone?  It'd be worth it just for the
> wifi. If the wifi is working right.

Are you interested in a day-to-day phone that just happens runs Linux since
you also run firefox instead of Internet Explorer? If so, don't buy it.

Are you interested in developing software for mobile devices? Or want to see
what creative people can do with free software and hardware platforms? If so,
buy it!

:M: