Slashdotted

Steve Mosher steve at openmoko.com
Mon Apr 6 03:35:04 CEST 2009

Well,

  sean announced the mailing list at openexpo. also talked about our
long term view. I read through your other comments below. Thanks.
On the Proto boards. PCB is just one component of the cost of a EVT
board. I know with the Voodoo II I spent at least 1000 per board to get
a 2 day turn back in 1998 or so. The difficulty with a cell phone PCB,
and the GTA03 in particular, was the small number of houses who could
actually build the PCB, laser drilled, the 6410 BGA required a very
specialized PCB, cant recall all the details.. hey Im marketing.
Plus components for a short run tend to be very expensive. Granted I
didnt go over all the costs with a fine tooth comb. (task belongs to
engineering) In any case I think with something like Dr. N approach and
the one rattling inside my head
we could probably get through EVT with a volunteer effort. let me see
about the progress on getting the list set up.