Slashdotted

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Mon Apr 6 04:15:50 CEST 2009

Lothar Behrens wrote:
> I mentioned KICAD (http://kicad.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/DE:Main_Page

KiCad is probably the Open Source EDA system that's closest to
being up to the task. But I still wonder if it can really do it.

Don't get me wrong. I use KiCad for everything I do privately
and I even contributed a few small features. But then I only do
2 layers, no ground planes, no impedance-matched lines, etc.

For an open development process, using a freely available EDA
system would of course be an incredible boost. I just wonder if
we would really have the resources to build the phone and the
EDA system that can do it in parallel.

- Werner