Camera module as back case (was Re: Slashdotted)

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 12:44:05 CEST 2009

2009/4/6 Lothar Behrens <lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de>:
> About the camera issue:
>
> I have read something about a small computer base case that has a jack
> or bus system ontop of it's
> case. That way it is extendable with cameras or what ever. I don't
> know where it was but it was cool.
>
> Why not think about a back case that includes a cam and using contacts
> in the inner housing to connect
> the cam to, say an I2C bus or even an USB hub (USB2)?

excellent - i'd thought of the idea myself, via an internal usb hub
(from a disassembled, tiny 4-way usb hub i bought), as had a few
others i think.

there were a few tentative steps on the wiki some months back
concerning alternate cases, and this was one suggested idea

i just got back from a talk on reprap, so i'm itching to find
something i can make, and this would be a good start