Slashdotted

robert lazarski robertlazarski at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 01:44:16 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Steve Mosher <steve at openmoko.com> wrote:

> WRT the general phone market, I'd say we are content to have the android
> distribution cover that demand. That effort is being carried out
> independently of us. I see that as pure upside business. In brazil for
> example, we see a market for 13 million android phones. Do I put this in
> my forecast? No. Will our business change overnight if it materializes?
> yes.

I live in Brazil and I'd be curious to see how you generally could
come up with those numbers. Not doubting, just curious. Its a 200
million people country and my guess is there currently are not 13
million cell phones operating in the entire country that cost more
than the cheapest Andriod-based phone on the market. Even still, I
wish you luck.

- R