[Debian/fsod] Failed to register to network

Daniel Willmann daniel at totalueberwachung.de
Tue Apr 7 02:54:51 CEST 2009

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 13:01:18 +0200
Marcel <tanuva at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Moin,
>
> Since yesterday (iirc) zhone always complains about not being able to
> register to the gsm network, .xsession-errors tells me this:
>
> Failed to register to network
> network status changed:
> dbus.Dictionary({dbus.String(u'registration'): dbus.String(u'denied',
> variant_level=1), dbus.String(u'strength'): dbus.Int32 (52,
> variant_level=1), dbus.String(u'mode'): dbus.String(u'automatic',
> variant_level=1), dbus.String(u'act'): dbus.String(u'GSM',
> variant_level=1)}, signature=dbus.Signature('sv'))
>
> "registration denied" - okay. But why? The debuglog of frameworkd
> says something about "no network code", but I cannot interpret the AT
> commands :)

After trying to register in line 26 you get a +CME ERROR: 32 which is
"Network not allowed, emergency calls only". It looks like your card
was deactivated or something, but please check how this card behaves in
a different phone.

> The log can be found here: http://pastebin.ca/1383626
>
> Then the error occurs. The strange thing is: Yesterday I still
> received an SMS in this state. Can someone light this up?

Not sure what's up with the SMS. Was it an operator generated one?

Regards,
Daniel Willmann