Slashdotted

Steve Mosher steve at openmoko.com
Tue Apr 7 22:11:28 CEST 2009

Like I said, if it bleeds, it leeds.

When you have a major announcement such as seans you have two options:

1. Try to control the press response beforehand. Brief the press
beforehand, do a press release, release an official statement on the
same day as the event. A controlled blast.

2. Drop that bombshell,  some of the press will get it wrong, and then
use that opportunity.

In my mind the community had earned the right to be the first to know.
So, I picked option 2. Let Sean tell the community first and then I will
go out and correct any misunderstanding. Explaining our position FIRST
on the community list, and then to the press and the rest of the world.