Slashdotted

Steve Mosher steve at openmoko.com
Tue Apr 7 22:51:57 CEST 2009

Shawn Rutledge wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 5:34 AM,  <rixed at happyleptic.org> wrote:
>> Make a useable phone with inovative apps is what is needed to get new
>> customers, not a fancy 3d chip nor a better screen or camera or whatever. For
>> the hardware is already way much better than the software, IMHO.
>
> I agree.  If the GTA03 was going to be less capable anyway, we can
> live without it.  It's too bad having to put up with the Glamo, but oh
> well.
  We continue to look at a glamoectomy;

> How much longer can GTA02's remain in production?  Any impending part
> obsolescence to worry about?
  I would hazard that we see no issues through the end of 2009. If a part
goes out of production, then you have a 'grey market' that lasts for
some while. As the grey market drains you ordinarily would look to do
a redesign. For example, remove glamo and switch GSM chips. That just
an example folks so don't start down the path of defining GTA02+