Watching videos on neo freerunner (openmoko 2008.12) mplayer-glamo

Denis Shulyaka shulyaka at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 23:50:42 CEST 2009

2009/4/8 Ivan Shirokov <ivanshirokoff at gmail.com>:
> Does it work for FSO? Somehow it hangs up my FR. And there's something like
> "Your system is too slow" in the console =(

Actually, the mplayer build that is suggested in the wiki uses mp3lib
for decoding mp3 audio tracks by default. I suggest you adding
afm=ffmpeg line to ~/.mplayer/config file to force using ffmpeg's
internal mp3 decoder, or use a build without mp3lib support. It
appears to be more than 3 times faster on my FR!
Here is my ~/.mplayer/config file:

vo=xover:glamo,x11
display=:0
afm=ffmpeg