Autorun for SD card mechanism?

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 8 15:53:10 CEST 2009

good idea. I already have all those files on SD but after each upgrade
have to install them manually, which is annoying.

I would suggest something like:

1) notify user to do an opkg update and opkg upgrade first

2) change to post installation directory
cd /media/card/post

3) change to package directory and install all that is in there
cd packages
opkg install *.ipk *.opk
cd ..

4) override files
cd override
[[copy all files to root of system, e.g. override/etc/blabla to
/etc/blabla]]
cd ..

5) path files
cd patches
[[apply all patchers to root of system]]
cd ..

off course documenting your changes via patches/diffs is preferred over
overriding, allowing improvements in other parts of the files via opkg
upgrade before you start.