Intone OGG Support

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 9 03:39:21 CEST 2009

Hi,

Could you check the output of mplayer when loading an ogg file? Mine (a very recent svn build) crashes saying that it has been called an unknown CPU call... :o

 There's another issue. mplayer builds are generally compiled to use libvorbis which is a floating point implementation. Its easy enough to compile tremor - which is an integer library (provides libidecvorbis IIRC) and is a drop in replacement. I have tried tremor and here's the CPU usage

ogg 44100 2 channel enc208
    mplayer                   tremor
47.6% - 52.7%         18.5% - 20%

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to patch mplayer build to use intone since I don't really know how the entire bitbake process works. BTW, mplayer has a built-in option to use tremor in its ./configure file.

Could you take a look at this - or point me in a direction that tells me how to go about changing the library being used. This will really help. Thanks.