Tasks Client for FR

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 9 06:05:33 CEST 2009

Hi,

there are a couple already in the om repos (one by qtopia, on be om), but there's no way of getting data from an external source

Well, the qtopia one can't run on FSO easily. The OM one was the gtk one (I think hackable has it too) - don't know what the current status is - but that should be ok.

IMO the ability to sync is something that is desperately needed.

I am actually looking at doing something with opensync - but haven't found the time yet. Anyhow - with most of the code bits needed already done for intone - let me see what I can come up with. I think an elementary based implementation, with a sqlite backend and the ability to sync with a desktop will be really handy.

Then of course - going ahead - we need an email client and a calendar app (with the ability to sync to a desktop). Ubuntu 9.04 is doing some nice things with notification. Maybe everything can be put together. Will be plenty of work though!