Slashdotted

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Thu Apr 9 16:45:05 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 11:58:33AM +0200, arne anka wrote:
> > "Die Entwicklung der Mobiltelefone wird eingestellt"
> > Development of mobile phones stopped
> >
> > big topic (many people don't read more)
> > "Openmoko gibt freie Handy-Entwicklung auf"
> > Openmoko stopps development of free mobile phones
> >
> > In my opinion it suggerates the wrong message.
>
> so?
> phone development means gta03 -- and that indeed stopped.

   I think you've just given a very good example of why the GTA0x naming had
to be abandonned. If even people who read Openmoko mailing lists daily get
it wrong, surely a lot of other people will get it wrong too. No, phone
development doesn't mean GTA03. Openmoko can release a device which is not a
successor to the GTA02.

> gta02 does not see any development, just support and fixes.

   I'm sure not everybody agrees with you that bug fixes or improvements to
existing features is not development. Perhaps you could clarify what you
think counts as development to an already released product (GTA02).

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen