[SHR-Unstable] Screen blanking issue

Nelson Castillo nelsoneci at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 19:48:34 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Cameron Frazier
<frazier.cameron at gmail.com> wrote:
> On the last couple SHR-Unstable updates (2 or 3), I seem to have lost
> the ability to have the screen power down.  Suspend works quite well,
> nice and quick, but the screen never powers down outside of that.
> I've played with the timeouts for idle and the rest to no avail.
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> I'd like to use my FR for OpenStreetMap work again, but without the
> screen powering down, I get a limited time before my FR flatlines.
>
> If it helps at all:
> `uname -a`:
> Linux om-gta02 2.6.29-rc3 #1 PREEMPT Mon Apr 6 13:47:21 CEST 2009
> armv4tl unknown
>
> frameworkd version (from `opkg status`):
> 0.8.5.1+gitr1251+98cb27d2829179ccab6e520546de5d3b9b6104c3-r0

Does SHR unstable build daily with the latest andy-tracking kernel? If
this is the case we just added this commit:

http://git.openmoko.org/?p=kernel.git;a=commitdiff;h=bd4b7e8e84ab43a13a4620b001d52d373c2122b3;hp=9c4451ff31b937a478f3d3eabef30b71cbe12b12

It might be causing the issue.

If we get a confirmation we can revert it and report the issue to the submitter.