Intone OGG Support

PaulTT paultt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 12:31:48 CEST 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 2:57 AM, Cameron Frazier
<frazier.cameron at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 13:01 +0200, PaulTT wrote:

>> > yes, it's an option at configure time, for mplayer
>> > i'm recompiling an updated package just now, let you know when it'll be ready
>> >

>> enjoy (and test ;P): (r29155)
>>
>> http://www.paultt.org/downloads/openmoko/index.html
>>
>> PS i forced usage of tremor for ogg and libmad for mp3 ;)
>
> PaulTT,
>
> Forgive me, but could you please describe the differences between the
> various r29155 versions of mplayer you have listed on your site.

there are basically two versions:
- the one which uses a tremor codec with low impacton the cpu load
(terminating with -tremor-low)
- the one which uses the internal tremor codec, which is more heavy

there are also the corresponding -it versions, these are exactly the
same as above, but have italian messages and errors

(by 'forced' i mean that the codecs above are more imporant to mplayer
than the others)

> As well, when I run your version (r29155-4.1.2-tremor-low currently) I
> receive the following error:
>
> mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libspeex.so.1: cannot
>
> Am I missing any specific dependencies for your version of mplayer?

opkg install libspeex1
or, if opkg can't find it by itself:
opkg install http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/2008/ipk/glibc/armv4t/base/libspeex1_1.1+1.2rc1-r0.1_armv4t.ipk

and: yes, i a was a little lazy setting dependencies for the package
(i coudn't test it on various distros) :)