latest and greatest, progress mail 5 (stable 2.6.28 usage)

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Fri Apr 10 18:47:03 CEST 2009

Just in time for the holidays ...

(install instructions and script updated on 2090410: see below)

New progress/bugs:

All Ok:
- 20090401: 2.6.28 ok (even 2.6.29-rc2 ok)
- 20090401: alarms (using atd from
  http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/unstable/armv4t/base/, since no
  newer package exists), normal + when suspended
- 20090401: wake up when receiving sms
- 20090401: call + echo check
- 20090401: missed call bug
- 20090401: duplicate sms thing: solved
- 20090401: mail ok
- 20090401: wifi ok
- 20090403: voice notes (see my mail/patch) ok
- 20090404: usb cable handling: ok (mailed a patch to Filip, I hope he
  integrates all the 2.6.28 patches and commits them)
- 20090404: bluetooth ok (need to downgrade to bluez3 and not use
  bluez4, install script updated accordingly)
- 20090410: voicemail number is now saved across reboots (see
http://trac.karadog.net/qt-extended-improved/ticket/15)
- 20090410: snooze function works correctly now for repetitive alarms
  (see http://trac.karadog.net/qt-extended-improved/ticket/27)

Problems (more like small nuisances now):
- sms stay on SIM as well as on phone
  ==> All sms's are stored on the phone *and* on the SIM. I don't
think that this is wanted behaviour (deleting an SMS only works on the
  SMS's stored on the phone). See
  http://trac.karadog.net/qt-extended-improved/ticket/29
- if you set the time back to something in the past, the clock service
  crashes and you need to restart qtextended if you want to use the
  clock again
- if you reboot, wlan is "online" and you need to put it offline (can
  cause battery issues)
- second call incoming needs to be checked if working ok
- bluetooth is not working totally ok, only after initial boot it
  works, not after suspend/resume. Seems to be kernel/bluez3 version
  combo issue ...
- if you try to delete the "Wireless Lan", the system crashes ... cool
  huh, a crashed phone?

Install instructions:
download the script
http://users.telenet.be/liedekef/openmoko_install.sh , read the comments
at the top and then execute the script on your openmoko (after having
flashed the device and made sure internet works).
For those who just want to replace their existing QtE: just download
the QtE compressed file and replace your existing QtE with it:
http://users.telenet.be/liedekef/qte_20090410.tgz

Enjoy!

Franky