Navit is not finding current position

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Sat Apr 11 22:27:40 CEST 2009

On 07.04.2009, at 09:23, Francesco de Virgilio wrote:

> Christ van Willegen ha scritto:
>>> If you run Navit from the terminal, it may tell you...
>>>
>>> In my case, it seems that the libgps installed on my system is too
>>> new.
>>>
>>> I haven't figured out how to solve this yet, but I'll let you know
>>> if
>>> I find out.
>>
>> I got Navit to work doing the following
>> - Drop to a shell prompt on the FreeRunner (or use ssh to connect)
>> - cd /usr/lib
>> - ln -s libgps.so.17 libgps.so.16
>>
>> This makes Navit think that libgps.so.16 is installed.
>>
>> Note: This may work for Navit for now, but may break other programs.

Pardon!? Yes it is hackish and ugly and potentially not stable.
But there is just no way how it could break other apps that are
correctly linked. And wrongly linked apps might work which they did
not before.

> If someone has used this solution, could confirm me that TangoGPS
> continued to work? I'm trying this in my SHR-testing, but I don't want
> any breakage.

Com on. People who don't understad what this command does should not
use a developer phone or should not tinker with it.