[QT Moko] MP3 support

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sun Apr 12 08:51:51 CEST 2009

Ali wrote:
> Hey, is libmad compiled into qt moko? If not, is there another way to
> get mp3 support without compiling, perhaps as a deb? A quick browse of
> the git repo didn't show any libmad in /src/module_media.pri so i'm
> assuming qtmoko can't play mp3s.

Yes, it's another todo. I dont know how to package libmad so that it's
legally correct. E.g. Ubuntu does not have mp3 codecs and they must be
downloaded by user.

My idea is to compile with libmad and before making the image remove the
libmad.so from the image. Then when user wants to play first mp3 he
would be asked to download it from internet.

Is this legally ok?

Radek