Intone - the future and help needed

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 12 09:29:50 CEST 2009

Hi,
  Well, Intone has turned out to be pretty stable - other than the bugs I've induced ;-) while fixing other stuff and a few niggling problems that I should be able to sort out with the next release (hopefully today). So, I thought, maybe I should share what I'm looking at adding to Intone in the future. So here goes :-

  1. Prevent suspend when playing songs and pause on incomnig call (dbus stuff)
  2. Album art  - an optional view that shows the album cover and meta information about the playing song. Also - the icon then changes to show the cover for songs whose album art is available
  3. Lyrics - an optional view that shows lyrics for the playing song
  4. map the aux button to choose between 3 diff volume levels in rotation - or 1 click for next song and 2 for the last song - Any opinions?
  5. Ability to manage, download and play podcasts from intone (or should it be a diff app catering to podcasts only?)
  6. A seperate app (mostly Intone) to manage and play videos (using mplayer-xgalmo).

 Anything other interesting and needed feature that comes up based on your feedback (graphic eq maybe?)

 And to be able to do all this (really fast!) I need some help.

  1. dbus - I've coded in glib and I'm not yet comfortable in edbus. So here's [1] the code I used in guitartune to request resource CPU - can someone convert this to edbus? Also - how do I register a callback to be triggered on an incoming call?

  2. How do I get album art? I've tried to get a key from allcdcovers.com - but haven't got any response. And I'm not sure about the legality of getting the images from an online retailer. Does anyone have any ideas/opinions - including whether this is required or not?

  3.  Enlightenment help - i have a genlist in a vbox. I want to add some labels, an entry and a photo to the same vbox. Can I then hide some widgets and show some based on a button click in a way that the hidden widgets take no space on the screen? I'm able to hide / show widgets - but the hidden widgets also take up some blank space on the screen.
      How do I show labels in a genlist so that when the item is selected the labels also show through clearly? Right now the text in the genlist is clear - but the labels get hidden behind the black highlight.

  4. Pointers on how to do any of this stuff are welcome too. Patches are best :-D
Thanks

Request resource CPU code using glib.
[1] 	DBusGConnection *connection;
  	GError *error;
  	DBusGProxy *proxy;
	DBusGProxyCall* call;
	char *resource = "CPU";

  	g_type_init ();

  	error = NULL;
  	connection = dbus_g_bus_get (DBUS_BUS_SYSTEM, &error);
  	if (connection == NULL) {
      g_printerr ("Failed to open connection to bus: %s\n",
                  error->message);
      g_error_free (error);
      exit (1);
    }

	// Create a proxy object
    proxy = dbus_g_proxy_new_for_name (connection,
                                     "org.freesmartphone.ousaged",
                                     "/org/freesmartphone/Usage",
                                     "org.freesmartphone.Usage");
	call = dbus_g_proxy_begin_call (proxy, "RequestResource", NULL, NULL, NULL, G_TYPE_STRING, resource, G_TYPE_INVALID);
	dbus_g_proxy_end_call (proxy, call, &error, G_TYPE_INVALID);
	if (error != NULL) {
		printf("dbus error: %s\n", error->message);
	}

  	g_object_unref (proxy);
  	return 0;
}