[QT Moko] MP3 support

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Sun Apr 12 10:29:37 CEST 2009

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 08:51:51 +0200
Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> Ali wrote:
> > Hey, is libmad compiled into qt moko? If not, is there another way
> > to get mp3 support without compiling, perhaps as a deb? A quick
> > browse of the git repo didn't show any libmad
> > in /src/module_media.pri so i'm assuming qtmoko can't play mp3s.
>
> Yes, it's another todo. I dont know how to package libmad so that it's
> legally correct. E.g. Ubuntu does not have mp3 codecs and they must be
> downloaded by user.
>
> My idea is to compile with libmad and before making the image remove
> the libmad.so from the image. Then when user wants to play first mp3
> he would be asked to download it from internet.
>
> Is this legally ok?
>
> Radek

The libmad package was also on the Qtopia download page, so it
shouldn't be that much of a problem to provide it.
More ok would be to not compile it in at all and provide it as a
package. I'll try later on to see if I can build libmad just as a
package...
Lorn, any tips on a qbuild.pro file for the libmad plugin?

Franky