Slashdotted

Steve Mosher steve at openmoko.com
Mon Apr 13 02:06:20 CEST 2009

arne anka wrote:
>>> development has stopped. period.
>>    The misrepresentation - which you seem to think is not a
>> misrepresentation - in the news coverage is that they're saying
>> development
>> of open phones at OM has been cancelled, while all that's been decided
>> is to
>> cancel the GTA03, not development of more open phones.
>
> since, at least to my information, the gta03 was the only phone being
> developped, halting devel of gta03 meant halting all phone devlopment.
> and i tried to avoid the use of "cancel", since to me it has some finite
> touch about it, while "stop" means, it can start again.
>
> according to steve mosher's mail there's ongoing work, development if you
> will, to kind of fork from the gta02 -- i can't recall having heard of
> _serious_ plans to do so before.

   Ok last words.  yes, some of the plans are forks or follow-ons.
   some are not. Finally, now you are changing the terms of the debate
from " in development" to "Serious plans" Let me define serious
   and put an end to speculations. If we spend time and money on it
   it's serious. Time and money is being spent. (Ok now dont shift the
debate to how much time and how much money counts as serious. or dont
complain that I didnt tell you everything and therefore you were forced
to speculate. )

    In any case, We do agree that this discussion is better taken up
elsewhere. Come to the Gta03 list and make some positive contributions,
or healthy criticisms. I know you are passionate about this stuff as am
I. I'll talk as transparently as I can over there with people who want
to move things forward. come and join us. and peace.
last words from me here on this stuff, hope to see you on the new list.