[qt moko] Re: Bluetooth and 2.6.28

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Mon Apr 13 15:26:06 CEST 2009

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 14:26:57 +0200
"arne anka" <openmoko at ginguppin.de> wrote:

> > to crash upon suspend/unsuspend. So after a resume, we need to
> > manually restart the daemon. No big deal here, but since the daemon
> > died, it seems qtextended no longer reregisters a bluetooth passkey
> > agent when we relaunch hcid. As a result no pairings are possible
> > anymore. So in short: hcid can't die :-)
>
> what about shutting down hci in a controlled way before suspending
> or stopping/restarting the whole bt subsystem (/etc/init.d/bluetooth
> [stop|start]) upon suspend|resume?

tried it all, but still nothing. Since there's no passkey agent
anymore, all pairing fails. Weird though, since it worked ok in 2.6.24
I believe, so I wonder why hcid starts to crash. I know also that 2.6.2
kernels should work with bluetoothd (bluez4), but my knowledge of
qtextended and bluetooth version 3/4 is way too limited to try and fix
qtextended to use bluez4.

Franky