[debian] problems with debian and u-boot

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Mon Apr 13 17:34:48 CEST 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 12:33:52PM +1200, Robin Paulson wrote:

> now, when i try to start it, either by pressing the power button
> alone, or going through the nand menu, i get an error about 'wrong
> format' of a partition. i'm assuming this is to do with the fat/ext
> issue for the kernel, but as i followed the instructions to use an ext
> partition, i'm not sure what's wrong. it feels like i'm missing
> something silly - i got this working last year

   Make sure the kernel is on a partition completely below 4 GB or use a
U-Boot built with this patch:
https://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-kernel/2009-March/009573.html

   FWIW, even with the above patch, I'm having no success getting U-Boot to
read a kernel from a 1 GB partition starting at 6 GB. I'm trying to debug
it, though.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen