'dead' neo

George Brooke solar.george at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 13 20:09:19 CEST 2009

On Monday 13 April 2009 18:56:47 wim.delvaux at adaptiveplanet.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to 'revive' my 'neo' but as expected battery is completly empty ..
> so no recharge possible.
>
> I was looking for the cheapest way to put some charge in the device so it
> can work again.
>
> I was thinking about buying a new and compatible battery and charge again,
> but which batteries are compatible and can be found easily ?
>
> Other suggestions perhaps ?
>
> Thx

AFAIK the newer  kernels should be able to boot just from the USB power so try
connecting the FR to the charger, booting up without the battery in and
replacing it when the FR has booted up fully.

Also I remember reading somewhere about booting into the NOR u-boot and
pressing the AUX button to keep it awake for a few minutes till it had charged
enough to boot the OS.

hope this helps,

solar.george
(the booting off just USB works on a recent shr testing but I can't speak for
anything earlier)