Intone-video problems!! Help !

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 12:58:41 CEST 2009

2009/4/14 c_c <cchandel at yahoo.com>:
>  Well, seeing that there was a need for a video playing front end for mplayer - I thought I'll make a new app (based on Intone) that fulfills this need.
>
>  Here are the problems I'm facing :-
> 1. I finally found out that I can create 2 windows using elementary, 1 for mplayer to play the video in (using -wid) and one for the controls. I've sized the windows to 640x400 for the window where the video shows up and 640x80 for the controls.
>   But I can't seem to get to see the main window (the one that has the controls) at all. It works fine on my desktop - but I'm not using illume there.

i think the config of illume on the neo forces windows to be
maximised, so even if your windows is 20 x 20, it will fill the whole
screen. either you need to modify this behaviour, or fit it all in one
window

i wanted to do a similar thing myself for an app i'm developing, but
any parameters to place/size windows are ignored, afaics