latest and greatest, progress mail 6

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Tue Apr 14 13:45:03 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Glen Ogilvie <nelg at linuxsolutions.co.nz>wrote:

> On Tuesday 14 April 2009, Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:
> > Well,
> >
> > I use the same kernel+modules, but I use the fso-nox image from a few
> days
> > older (I thought I mentioned it at the top of my script but it seems I
> > forgot that comment), because newer fso-nox images have no ssh
> connectivity
> > (it seems the usb hotplug isn't detected ..).
>
> Funny enough, ssh connectivity was not a problem, seemed to work first
> boot.
>
> Anyway, your work is really appricated.  Your work along with the others
> that
> are contibuting is going a long way to getting a qt extended improved
> versionh
> that has the annoying problems solved so we can all just use our phone's as
> phone's that work to make/receive calls, txt, etc.

tx :-)
The only *real* issue that remains is bluetooth. Together with a more
usuable keyboard (I'm waiting for a new release of the finger friendly
keyboard from Leonardo Maccari) this would be almost perfect. Again: any
help is appreciated.
I'm now using this phone as daily phone, and will report on battery usage.
Weird for the ssh though ... I'm always seeing that usb0 doesn't exist on
first boot, but maybe by adding the modules before booting from it works,
but that's not feasible when flashing the jffs to the phone.

Franky