[SHR] GPRS, again

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 14 14:41:32 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Still I cannot get GPRS working on unstable, although I have gotten an
subscription with GRPS about 4 months ago, hoping I could use it with SHR.

I tried the settings menu but that did not work. Even manually editting
shr_grps.py to the correct APN, login and password did not help.

Manually, I have also tried:
  mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ogpsd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
org.freesmartphone.GSM.PDP.ActivateContext internet

(my provider has internet as APN and empty string as login and passwd)

The result is:
  /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device: ActivateContext failed:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod

What is THE way to get GRPS working on SHR?

Thanks,

Pander