Intone-video problems!! Help !

Thomas Seiler thseiler at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 18:52:52 CEST 2009

> The best would be to have a transparent windows with big icons to
> pause/quit, ff and so on, very finger friendly

Hm, if you want to get fancy, there is a way to have windows of any shape
that are always "on top" as far as the window manager is concerned.

Check out:

   EAPI void         ecore_evas_shaped_set(Ecore_Evas* ee, Evas_Bool shaped);

or in elementary:

   EAPI void         elm_win_shaped_set(Evas_Object *obj, Evas_Bool shaped);

This is really really super slow on the neo, and it might not even work with
mplayer overlay windows. But normally, you would be able to make arbitrary
shaped windows. (Check out the elementary-test app, there is a transparency
test using this...)

You might also get some inspiration from this proof-of-concept keyboard code:
http://svn.om.vptt.ch/trunk/bubble-keyboard/src/bin/bubble-keyboard.c

Hope this is useful...

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Excercise 17:
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand we'd be so