sunlight readable LCD

Marcus Bauer marcus.bauer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 12:01:09 CEST 2009

Hello list,

Joseph Reeves wrote on his blog about a bicycle app for the Neo [1].

I have always wanted to add cycling / sports functions to tangoGPS but
as the LCD is mostly unreadable in sunlight I felt there is little use.
After trying it a couple of times on my bike I soon started to leave
the Neo at home.

So I wonder about three things for better outdoor use:

1) How many of you would be interested in the following hardware
mods:
 * sunlight readable LCD
 * bigger LCD 3,5"+
 * new ruggedized case or rubber shell (including a mean to nicely fix
in on a bike?)
 * waterproof (substaintially more costs)

2) How much money would you spend on it? To give you an idea: the PSP
display with touchscreen can be bought on ebay for ~25$. A case may be
~20-30$ for volumes of 100+.

3) Last question: are there hardware people interested in
this?

Please reply here on list with your interest!

Marcus

[1]http://blogs.thehumanjourney.net/finds/entry/racing_myself_a_feature_request