[om2009] - send SMS GUI logic

blokkie blokkie at h0m3.be
Wed Apr 15 16:28:51 CEST 2009

> Hi,
>> When I want to create a new SMS , it first shows me the num-pad to enter and then the text.
>>
>> Would it not be more easy to first type the sms , then  select contact(s)  || type the tel number in ?
>>

> Does it make a difference ?

Yes ,

Image you want to send a sms to a bunch of people ,  then you would have to enter all the numbers first (because you
cannot select contacts from your phonebook "yet" :-)) ,
After you entered all the numbers , you can finaly send the sms which I think is a bit counter-intuitive .

first tipe what you want to send , then to who  seems more logical .

Or maybe it's just me and I'm a bit daft and you can ignore this remarq  though this logic is found in a lot of mobile
phones.

>> Who is working on the GUI ?
>
> That would be me than.
>
>> Maybe I can help a bit :)
>
> Any help is welcome :)
> Got ideas?

I've read the pdf about the hello world. Pretty straught forward .. so I'll get my hands dirty as soon as possible .

Idea's .. well , only one for now.

I think it would be nice if one could bind the upper-left button to a sound-mixer app  for setting the call volume and
such.
Would that be doable ?

> /mirko

/blokkie :)