[om2009] - send SMS GUI logic

Mirko Lindner mirko at openmoko.org
Wed Apr 15 17:05:47 CEST 2009

Hi again,

blokkie wrote:
> Yes ,
>
> Image you want to send a sms to a bunch of people ,  then you would have to enter all the numbers first (because you
> cannot select contacts from your phonebook "yet" :-)) ,

Actually you can, just tried it on testing again. Hit the number field
(the place where the numbers would appear and you get the contacts list
and can chose one.

> Or maybe it's just me and I'm a bit daft and you can ignore this remarq  though this logic is found in a lot of mobile
> phones.

I guess both can be regarded as good and bad, my phone (samsung) also
does it the way you proposed, but we looked at phones where it is like
that ... hmm...

> I've read the pdf about the hello world. Pretty straught forward .. so I'll get my hands dirty as soon as possible .
>
> Idea's .. well , only one for now.
>
> I think it would be nice if one could bind the upper-left button to a sound-mixer app  for setting the call volume and
> such.
> Would that be doable ?

Haha, ok. I have to admit something. I am already abusing the aux-button
for many purposes.

Right now, in testing, it switches the profile while on the launcher and
the in-call volume (while in call of course). There is also a settings
app which you have to activate in the paroli.cfg
(/etc/paroli/paroli.cfg) which gets launched when you hold the aux-button.

So, to answer your question, yes it is doable and I already did that :)
But the settings app still needs work that is why it is disabled by
default :)

/mirko