Why enlightenment?

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Thu Apr 16 00:25:45 CEST 2009

Bram Neijt <bneijt at gmail.com> writes:
> Saying that the libs are dedicated to the Neo sounds like my worst
> nightmare: no application anywhere ever uses them.. except for some of

I have had these same thoughts for months. Fortunately it is perfectly
possible to use freerunner without using E at all. I wrote a small
dialer in python gtk and use normal applications from debian
(gpe-calendar, xvkbd keyboard, midori/firefox/arora/elinks browsers,
xchat, icewm window manager). This has give me a pretty stable "no
surprises around corners" environment with lots of applications and
let me to concentrate on helping kernel, Xorg and ogsmd development.